You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-13 09:10:36

awagner

pls try abook-devel...

Hi all,
today I got tired of waiting for official upstream response from the abook people. The 0.6.0pre2 version has been out since 2006-09-07 and my iquiries about giving it stable status didn't solicit any response. I prefer it over stock abook for some changes in the database fields and configuration options and so would like to see AL move to this version sooner or later. (And I've been using it without any problem since it's been out.)

But with no feedback from upstream, to me it seems the only way to go is getting user feedback about its stability by providing a package on AUR. So there it is: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17510

If anyone is interested, I'd very much like to collect opinions - or, even better, votes - so that one day we can suggest taking this version to the stock/extra repository.

Thanks a lot,
Andreas

PS. On debian, this version didn't make it past experimental yet, but there are only three non-essential patches there and I didn't get any response from debian's package maintainer either.

#2 2008-06-20 08:15:15

awagner

Re: pls try abook-devel...

bump. not one single opinion (other than mine) on this?

#3 2009-04-10 19:46:51

yvonney

Geez.....just found this...
I'm a new mutt/abook user and was hoping that that it was my error somewhere that causes all my abook entries to disappear from the db file.

Anyone have this problem or know why it occurs?

Seems that as long as I don't use abook WITH mutt...abook will retain the database... though when I start using abook with from abook or from mutt ALL the db entries disappear at some point. Don't yet know if it takes a reboot to have them disappear though it's happened every time.

#4 2009-04-10 20:03:48

awagner

Have you noticed that the layout of the mask has changed? See here: http://abook.cvs.sourceforge.net/*check … EASE_NOTES Possibly if you don't address the new fields in the correct way, the mask doesn't show anything...?

#5 2009-04-10 20:54:35

yvonney

nice!

Well, I've not updated abook as i've started using it at the 0.6.0pre2 version and am using mutt 1.5.18, whatever it is via pacman. (There the x.x19 version out thought not in ARCH yet I think)

So.... the mask.... hmmmm..... not sure what that is yet.

abook actually looses the data, I don't think it's just not showing. The database file emties itself to blank.

I have simply followed the basic instructions for using abook with mutt.

in .muttrc I have

# abook
set query_command = "abook --mutt-query '%s'"
macro generic,index,pager \ca "<shell-escape>abook<return>" "launch abook"
macro index,pager A "<pipe-message>abook --add-email<return>" "add the sender address to abook"

and in ~/.abook/abookrc

I have the basic example config info

Any idea why after using abook WITH mutt, after a time I loose all data. (perhaps a reboot though not sure if a reboot is need to loose all abook data)

VERY interested to solve this.

Last edited by yvonney (2009-04-10 20:56:14)

Board footer