You are not logged in.

#1 2004-11-17 20:37:43

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

DIY: Case/Hardware fixes

Just want to run some things by people and see what everyone thinks:
I have two similar laptops at home - one's mine, the other belongs to the misses... each has a minor flaw I'd like to fix, without permanently screwing anything up.

1) My laptop happend to have the usb mouse stepped on (*looks innocent*) and it cracked off a little piece of plastic in the port that keeps the usb plug fitting snuggly.  The port still functions fine if I hold it in place, and I have 3 others I can use, but this was the easiest port to use... it was seperate from the other 3 and most likely positioned specifically for a mouse.  I was wondering if there is any easy way to fix this... or what you all would do - I doubt I could find the little plastic piece (I have cats so they probably ate it, or played with it, or something).

2) On the old lady's laptop, the power cord is always loose.  The plug seems to be a bit too small, or the port a bit too big, who knows.  It slips out when you move it sometimes and it's irritating because you don't notice until you have to turn it on again.  I'd like to do something about this, but I'm not sure where to start.  and I don't exactly want to glue it in there.... heh

I'm just chattering here.... any and all input is welcome...

Board footer