You are not logged in.

#1 2004-11-18 04:22:51

_will

firefox: new tabs

i tried to update firefox through firefox, couldn't do it
did it as root

firefox stopped responding to middleclick new tabs, and rightclick->open in new tabs
i think some other things are busted too

i tried reinstalling, removing then installing, removing my .mozilla directory  and various combinations -- nothing working  (there's another thread simiar but they were having permission errors, my settings seem to save -- even if they don't work)

also, funny thing, i have the gtk theme set to xfce-winter using gtk-chtheme (running enlightenment) and well neither firefox nor gaim changed  but on the first time i reinstalled firefox the gtk theme was winter on firefox

so... i've got a broken firefox and im stuck with an ugly theme
anyone have any ideas

thanks in advance
will

#2 2004-11-18 06:54:31

colnago

Re: firefox: new tabs

Did you have he tabbrowser preferences extension installed?  It went away when you deleted the .mozilla directory or when you uninstalled.  Personally, I download the 1.0 release installer and then just install as a user, that way there is never a problem with extensions that want you to be root to install.

#3 2004-11-18 06:54:59

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

in the interim, just download firefox as a user from the mozilla.org site, and install it (as a user) into a directory in your /home/user

run it from there.
a few other people are having trouble with firefox lately too..so something may be amiss.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#4 2004-11-18 15:28:38

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

try browsing through about:config and see if there's a setting in there that helps

Board footer