You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-15 21:51:18

ugkbunb

[SOLVED] flash fullscreen which screen to use

Is there a way to tell flash or firefox to maximize on only the screen you tell it to? Right now even if I move the firefox window over to my second screen TV-CRT and maximize a flash video (such as on youtube) it maximizes on the other primary screen the LCD and not on the TV-CRT... Ofcourse if I disable the LCD screen in my xorg.conf then the video file maximizes just fine on the TV-CRT screen. The weird thing is, in Xubuntu I had this working just fine... this is the only thing that has bothered me when switching over to Arch. I know its just some config issue I am overlooking. Any help is appreciated... it is quite annoying to have to reboot into windows just to show a youtube video to some friends.

Last edited by ugkbunb (2009-04-18 22:11:40)

#2 2009-04-18 22:11:28

ugkbunb

Re: [SOLVED] flash fullscreen which screen to use

I found that this is by-design according to Adobe. They consider it a security issue to allow a fullscreen flash app that is not on the primary screen. *sigh* The workaround is to use greasemonkey and one of the various scripts posted to allow for mplayer/vlc/xine playback of youtube. I am currently using "Youtube without Flash" greasemonkey script with totem-plugin it seems to work great:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/41722

Last edited by ugkbunb (2009-04-19 00:52:59)

Board footer