You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-19 04:44:44

yvonney

KYB probs: end/home/pgup/pgdn in mc/mutt etc. kbdoptions?

[ISSUE: on laptop home/PgUp/PgDn/End etc. don't do what's expected]

urxvt/screen running apps, with NumLk OFF the full numeric keypad on the laptop types:

Home types: U
End types: \
PgUp types: Z
PgDn types:  [
Del types:  _ 

the other keys on the numeric keypad are wrong as well.
tried a few things and did a lot of searching.
Is this an xorg.conf thing?  xmodmap?

----------- text from earlier below ------------

Really enjoying mutt, mc and lots of things that run in screen.

I've read a lot of posts about xorg 1.6.1 though perhaps I can solve this quite easily with some
xkboption stuff.

When I'm in mutt on another machine the PgDn and PgUp keys do what I would expect and the same with mc (all running in screen)

THOUGH on the asus laptop with it's full keyboard (seperate numeric on the right side) I get anything but wat I'd want/expect.
In mc they just type letters or numbers instead of doing page jumps like the page down key for example should do.
And in mutt the End key asks me what message I want to jump to, instead of going to end of emails as expected.

My xorg.conf can be autogenerated I don't think until hwd and other things get a tweak. They don't work or I haven't found what will yet.

So... as my xorg.conf is really bare (generated by nvidia by me) could anyone tell me what to try for xkboptions or whatever.
i've done my hour on the web looking, so here I am asking for a tip or two maybe.

fun! thanks!

Last edited by yvonney (2009-04-19 06:44:45)

Board footer