You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-17 12:45:44

Jacek Poplawski
Website

Digikam - how to open files?

I asked similar question in my RAW thread, but nobody answered, so I will ask in the new Digikam thread.

When I press right mouse button on JPEG file in Digikam - it allows me to open it in few applications, including Gimp.
But when I press right mouse button on ORF file (olympus RAW) - it allows me only to open in it in showfoto (useless application, which doesn't work with ORF).

Digikam interface is very unintuitive for me, I tried to find some kind of switch or option but failed - how to assign list of applications to use with given file type? How to allow use Gimp on ORF file too?

#2 2009-04-19 08:55:59

TheGrudge
Website

Re: Digikam - how to open files?

You only see showFoto in the list because this is the only other application that can work with ORF files (as known to KDE at the moment).
As a workaround you can associate the file extension with the program you like to use (for example from within dolphin).
The service menu used in digiKam uses the information provided by KDE, so if you don't have any other program assigned to this file extension, other KDE applications will not provide more programs in the context menu, too.

I will a menu entry to specify other applications soon in the context menu.
BTW ORF files open just fine here in showFoto.

digiKam developer - www.digikam.org

#3 2009-04-19 08:59:51

Jacek Poplawski
Website

The problem was related to old digikam (from KDE3) and new KDE (4).

#4 2009-04-19 10:27:29

TheGrudge
Website

Well anyway I just added the possibility to open an image in any application...

digiKam developer - www.digikam.org

Board footer