You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-18 06:22:47

guitarMan666

Can't use built in volume manager in PCMan File Manager

Trying to use the built in volume manager in PCMan FM causes 2 error messages to appear.  They are unreadable (the title bar says "Unable t" that's it).  An error like the one that follows appears in the the console (or whatever Eterm is) for each:

(pcmanfm:3084): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Error on line 1 char 57: '-' is not a valid character following a '<' character; it may not begin an element name

After those a third message box appears and says: "Directory doesn't exist".  That box is not accompanied by any error text on the console.

I assume the first to say something like "Unable to mount" but I don't know WHY.

The problem does NOT occur if I mount it as root (using sudo) and access it that way.  This however then requires any further access to be made as root if anything useful is to be done with the drive (copying files, writing to it, etc.)

I'm running Fluxbox as my WM, if that matters.

Thanks in advance!

#2 2009-04-18 17:30:34

firecat53
Website

Re: Can't use built in volume manager in PCMan File Manager

Check here

Good luck!
Scott

#3 2009-04-21 01:05:01

guitarMan666

Re: Can't use built in volume manager in PCMan File Manager

Hmm...the wiki refers to files I don't have.  /etc/hal/fdi/policy and /etc/hal/fdi/information are both empty directories (even when viewed as root).  Any thoughts?

I feel like an idiot now.  I should have guessed i needed to put those files in.

Last edited by guitarMan666 (2009-04-22 03:22:36)

Board footer