You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-21 07:06:34

decaren

KDEmod dependency help

I'm not sure if this is in the right section, but here goes.  I have KDEmod(4) installed on my box.  AUR is going to be very important to me as I will be trying to install a lot of off the wall software.  I was trying to go through an install with AUR to figure it out and use it for the first time.  I like digikam 0.10 so I figured I'd try with that.  When I did the makepkg on it I had libkdcraw as a missing dependency that it was unable to resolve. So I tired to makepkg on libkdcraw which went through fine.  Then on the pacman -U command, it told me that there was interference with kdemod-kdegraphics-common libkdcraw.  So is this something that I am going to run into often with kdemod??  If I remove kdemod libkdcraw and replace it, will it remove all of kdemod-kdegraphics-common?  I'm a bit confused on all the workings/differences of kdemod to kde.  I'm not even sure if I really need kdemod.  The only reason I chose to run it was because I read that it is faster and more streamlined.  I will agree it's faster, but every computer I've switched to arch linux is faster.  Help.

Board footer