You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-23 18:02:22

firecat53
Website

[SOLVED - well, sort of]Ipod album art -----

I know this topic has been explored fairly frequently in the past, but I just wanted to check in (what with amarok2, libgpod 0.7, etc) with the current state of getting album art onto an ipod. (Arch 64 here, by the way, if that makes a difference).

1. Amarok 1.4 - it used to transfer the art, but it doesn't seem to anymore. Everything else about it works the best of all these programs.
2. Amarok 2 - doesn't do album art or playlists (that I can see, at least) yet .... will keep on eye on this one.
3. Rhythmbox and banshee - I want to try them, but neither will recognize my ipod (2nd gen nano, mounted via pcmanfm to /media/ipod. I'm using openbox, with a hal rule to mount all ipods to /media/ipod)
4. Songbird - very promising, but no album art support yet and it's pretty chunky.
5. Exaile - It sees my ipod, but doesn't want to copy any music to it. It also crashes when I try to delete or edit a playlist on the ipod (exaile-bzr won't compile for me)
6. Floola - I really want to love this program because it does everything - photos, calendar, etc. But it's horribly unstable (both windows and linux versions) for me, trying it with multiple different ipods.
7. gtkpod - well, it works....slowly (we have about 6000 tracks in our collection)....weirdly....but I guess I'm stuck with it for now??

Please help with any fixes for #3 or any other ideas.

Thanks!
Scott

yes, yes, I know, the music is the key....album art really not THAT important in the big scheme of things smile thus amarok1 installed from AUR!

Last edited by firecat53 (2009-04-23 20:58:50)

#2 2009-04-23 18:13:08

Solid1986Snake

Re: [SOLVED - well, sort of]Ipod album art -----

I use albumart-qt to embed the covers in my songs.... then it should be independent from the way you transfer your music...

#3 2009-04-23 19:57:47

firecat53
Website

Re: [SOLVED - well, sort of]Ipod album art -----

Ahhh, yes, embedding the cover in the mp3 does seem to work. Seems obvious in hindsight!

Scott

Board footer