You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-26 14:18:31

eljoprin

eee 1000H FSB control with Custom kernel

Hi, first of all, two things:

- Sorry for my bad english because here in spain our teachers don't make their work (lol)

-Hi to all, i'm new in this forum, and in the fabulous world of Arch, i'm loving it.
I'm a linux user since 4 years, (and windows too sad, because the college), all this time i've used Debian, sincerely i love it, but internet speaks very good things about arch, so i decided to install it on my new eee 1000H!

Ok, i'm using Arch, with kernel 2.6.29 (compiled by me) and icewm. Everything works fine included the acpi (and laptop buttons, thanks to Big_gie for acpi-eeepc-generic), But the BIG weakness using linux Vs windows, is the worse battery life on this machine. The reason of this is that you can control the FSB in windows, but in Linux i cant do that (in zen kernel there is a module called eee which controls FSB, but i need a custom kernel because i use hardware unsupported by that kernel).

So, thats my question, anyone know how to control the FSB with a custom Kernel?

Many thanks to everyone!!

PD: The cpufreq gorvernors (ondemand, userspace, etc...) control cpu Mhz , but that not increase my battery life very much.

Board footer