You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-26 16:05:41

random

[SOLVED] macbook pro 4,1 nvidia; no keyboard/mouse

Just installed 2009.02 on the mbp and noticed a few things odd. Before I installed xorg, GPM was behaving very strangely in Links, where touching the trackpad produced random menu item selection or something.

That's besides the point though. Basically, My X was freezing and I checked out the Xorg log and it was locking up right after initializing GLX so I commented that part out xorg.conf and this time it started (by starting KDM) but the keyboard and mouse do not respond. I tried plugging an external keyboard in but it no cigar. Also, KDM seemed to be behaving properly because the cursor was blinking in the password box and the Xorg log looked okay to me.

I was looking around and saw that there was an issue with HID and passing an argument to it when it was loaded into the kernel because the argument is now for apple-hid. Anybody seen this before? tia.

-Zach

Last edited by random (2009-04-26 23:06:14)

--name="Zach"

#2 2009-04-26 16:22:31

test1000

Re: [SOLVED] macbook pro 4,1 nvidia; no keyboard/mouse

KISS = "It can scarcely be denied that the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience." - Albert Einstein

#3 2009-04-26 22:47:29

random

Re: [SOLVED] macbook pro 4,1 nvidia; no keyboard/mouse

Thank you it's definitely been a while since I've had to think about anything if you know what I mean.

The solution was simply starting hal. ; o

--name="Zach"

Board footer