You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-22 22:21:04

scrawler

[solved]eee from a stick grub boot parameters?

Howdy guys,

I just bought a new eee 901.  Before I get rid of whatever that is on it (xandros?) I'd like to try running arch off of an extra 8 gig usb stick I have.  I have most of what I want on there already, but I can't seem to tell grub the right root to use.  It's

kernel /boot/vmlinuz26 root= <what?> (and how do I find out?)

I think I remember there being some caveats pertaining to installs to usb, but I don't remember what they are and  forum/wiki searchs haven't helped.

Oh, by the way--I got my eee from ebay new, and the lid has some very small flaws--a couple of spots that look like bubbles in the paint.  You can feel one if you run your finger over it, but you can barely see either of them. I had resolved to exchange the thing for a new one just on principal, but the process will be kind of a pain because the unit was shipped to me. I think I'll just live with it and cover the spots with a sticker or something if they get worse.  What do you think?  Would you exchange it or shrug it off?  Just curious.

Thanks.

Last edited by scrawler (2009-04-27 19:47:17)

#2 2009-04-27 19:46:51

scrawler

Re: [solved]eee from a stick grub boot parameters?

Please, not so many replies!  My head is spinning.  :-)  I figured it out, and I'm keeping the eee I have.  One in the hand is worth two in the bush, you know.

Thanks!

Board footer