You are not logged in.

#1 2004-11-24 19:47:29

PunkRawkSucks
Website

Wither libtermcap?

[mark@yen s1]$ ./startconsole
./startconsole: error while loading shared libraries: libtermcap.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[mark@yen s1]$ ls /usr/lib/libtermcap*
/usr/lib/libtermcap.a

I need a shared version of libtermcap but I don't see one in pacman.

Help!

Mark

#2 2004-11-24 21:20:40

sarah31
Website

Re: Wither libtermcap?

i don't know if this will work but try recompiling termcap via abs and install the finished package.  then try to compile what you were trying to compile.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2004-11-25 17:35:28

PunkRawkSucks
Website

Thanks, I might give that a shot. It's a crappy solution though (not *your* crappy solution ... just crappy in general). Who the heck builds libraries without building a shared object version? I need to use a utility that requires libtermcap and I can't do that until I get this fixed. Argh. Which means rebooting in to XP to get my work done ... double Argh.

Maybe I'll see if the package maintainer can fix this at their end.

Thanks,

Mark

#4 2004-11-25 18:40:17

sarah31
Website

well it may been compiled long ago and recent upgraded of other packages made the shared lib out of date. that is whyi say recompile it quickly first then if you feel compelled to file a bug report you can tell the the exact reason why it needs to be recompiled.

it very often happen that libraries need to be recompiled in order to stay current even if their version numbers haven't changed.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#5 2004-12-15 23:33:01

PunkRawkSucks
Website

I am trying to build termcap myself. I've synced my abs tree, created /var/abs/local/termcap (redundant really since I could mess with /var/abs/extra/lib/termcap), copied the PKGBUILD scipt from the orignal termcap into my new directory and ran makepkg. By default it only creates the static lib.

What do I need to add to the PKGBUILD script to have shared libs created? I know shared libs will be built if you pass '-shared' to gcc but I am not sure how to get that passed to gcc via the PKGBUILD scirpts.

Mark

Board footer