mandrake developers are discussing improvements on 10.2

maybe some tip could be useful for arch,

arch + gentoo + initng + python = enlisy

#2 2004-11-26 04:06:18

sarah31
Website

Re: cooker discussions

yeah like doing the opposite of what they do tongue

i started with mandrake, as many did, with v.7.2. it just got worse from there. i ditched it and linux in frustration when they first had 8.1 beta working enough to go on my computer but the final release was broken (some how they excluded, and still do, exclude the drivers for my old computer which works great with any other distro). all of their "great user friendly tools" were broken and many still don't work.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2004-11-26 09:56:10

Mythoz

Re: cooker discussions

I have not read the complete list, but one point is interesting: "Run init script in parallel to gain in boot time".

Personally I do not have much startup scripts in the DAEMONS list, but by-and-by the list gets larger (dbus, hal, ... [stuff in the future]). Earlier gdm was my last startup skript in this list, but now I tuned it a little by moving it in front of crond, cups, ntpd and some others. But what if one script depends on an other, which my take long time to login to a network server or something like that? The following scripts will be delayed. I'm glad not to be in this situation... smile

Board footer