You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-12 03:43:54

sand_man

Ragnarok Online, connection issues.

Ok. I had one client working fine but the server was almost empty so I signed up at another server with a different client.
This time I can run the client ok (in wine) but after logging in I get "connection failed".
This client runs fine under windows xp.
I have read all over other forums with people having problems running this under wine. Apparently it has to do with wine mangling the IP address when resolved from the DNS of the server which is in one of the RO config files. I changed the DNS name to the IP address and I still get the same problem.
I have also unblocked the ports 21 and 80 on my router as mentioned by other people so the patcher can work, although I don't think this is the problem.
The only thing I can think of is something inside the way arch is setup by default that is not allowing it to connect.
I have heard of people getting it to work but no information on how they have done it! I am sick of booting into windows to play it :p
BTW: I don't have a software firewall installed, only my wireless router/firewall.

Any ideas?

neutral

#2 2008-08-13 01:53:43

sand_man

Re: Ragnarok Online, connection issues.

No one here plays RO?

neutral

#3 2008-08-15 01:24:52

dcfighter

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p … ngId=29034

This is a little "tip" written by me. Hope it helps you a bit.

#4 2008-08-15 01:41:47

sand_man

I did try that wireshark trick but it didn't work. I may not have done it correctly. I havent much time lately to try anything else.
One question though. When I extract the data.grf how do I get the client to stop looking for it and use the extracted files instead?

neutral

#5 2008-08-15 16:59:28

dcfighter

There's no need for client to look for those extracted files. You extract them only to look into .xml and find real server's ip.
Also note that some servers do not require any workarounds (I don't know if you are into low rates or high rates, but once I installed the erthboundro to kill the time and it worked flawlessly)
After you find fake and real ip type as root:
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d fakeip -j DNAT --to-destination realip

If you can't manage just tell me on which server you'd like to play and I will try to provide you iptables rule.

#6 2008-11-12 06:15:39

The Avatar of Time

Hello,

I'm trying to install Ragnarok as well and having an impossible time at it. I'm using Wine, and tying to use Ragnarok with a private server: legendro.net. So I install the game, which works fine. Though it's worth noting that I have to run it from the terminal, as launching it with wine through Thunar does not work. Also I have to NOT have virtual desktop enabled in Wine. Also, I did get the two .dll files: mfc42.dll and msvcp60.dll. I pulled them out of system32 folder on my VirtualBox install of Windows XP.

Now the trouble starts when I want to play the actual game. I navigate to where Ragnarok is in Wine's Program Files, and there are two .exe's: llragnarok.exe and llroexe2.exe. Well, there is also setup.exe and uninstall.exe I guess, but those aren't relevant. :)

I am under the impression that I need to run llragnarok.exe, so that it can patch and update and whatnot. That doesn't work. I've tried launching it from Thunar and also from the command line as both 'wine llragnarok.exe' and 'wine llragnarok.exe 1rag1'. Either way the window opens for a split second and closes. I get the following error in terminal:

wine: Unhandled page fault on execute access to 0x0040160f at address 0x40160f (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 240 bytes in thread 001c eip 7ef94a51 esp 00241240 stack 0x240000-0x241000-0x340000

I have no clue what that means. Now I can run llroexe2.exe. If I do that I get a Ragnarok login window. It takes almost 30 seconds to finally happen though, and I have a fast computer. Anyhow I enter my login and password and get 'cannot connect to server'.

I realize this is the talked about issue of trying to use a private server, but I can't seem to fix it. I also don't know for sure if the talked about issue is referring to llroexe2.exe or llragnarok.exe or both. I have tried to use Wireshark, but I haven't had any luck. Mainly I think because I don't know what I'm doing.

Any assistance on the matter would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Oh, and on another note, how am I supposed to extract a .grf file? GRF Tool from Softpedia is the only thing I've seen that claims to do that, but I can't find a version I can use, I'm running Arch64. On top of that when I download it it's in a .package format, which I have never seen before.

#7 2009-05-01 20:18:17

Neuneck

dcfighter wrote:

Thank you a lot! It helped me fix my problem connecting to heRO!

#8 2009-05-01 20:54:34

stefanwilkens

sand_man wrote:

I did try that wireshark trick but it didn't work. I may not have done it correctly. I havent much time lately to try anything else.
One question though. When I extract the data.grf how do I get the client to stop looking for it and use the extracted files instead?

rename data.grf or move it away fom the installation directory. Be sure everything is extracted to /data/

I have tried many times to get an ro client working under wine, to no avail. I'll have another look tonight smile

Arch i686 on Phenom X4 | GTX760

#9 2009-05-01 21:58:42

Neuneck

Neuneck wrote:
dcfighter wrote:

Thank you a lot! It helped me fix my problem connecting to heRO!

Unfortunately, it seems like it didn't after all... The IP i had was that of a temporary high rate server that GMs set up during a longer maintenance. I managed to get the correct IP though and now when I try to log in I get an instant "Disconnected from server!"...
any ideas how to fix? I'll edit this post if I manage to work out a way on my own...

#10 2009-05-02 07:06:24

sand_man

I never got this working under wine. Since then, VirtualBox has made good improvements on their 3D support. Too bad I'm sick of RO again lol

Maybe I'll try again one day...

neutral

Board footer