You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-01 23:14:32

alleluia20

KDE4 session is closed after unplug + plug + unplug AC

Hello,

When I want to move my laptop, I disconnect the AC adaptor, I hear the notification and the computer starts working on battery. OK. Then, after a few seconds, I plug into another socket, so the scheme is switched to "performance". OK. But when, after several minutes (or even hours) I want to move the laptop back to its original place and disconnect the AC again, I can hear the notification noise twice, and the laptop suspends. What is worse, after pressing the "on" button, I see KDM: the KDE session has been closed!

Anyone there with the same problem? Or, how can I debug that behaviour?

Thank you very much in advance.

#2 2009-05-01 23:22:02

kensai
Website

Re: KDE4 session is closed after unplug + plug + unplug AC

well, I tested it at this very moment, unplugging and replugging again and again and all is fine, maybe fixed in 4.2.3 if it ever was a general problem.

Follow me in: Identi.ca, Twitter, Google+

#3 2009-05-01 23:55:42

alleluia20

Thank you for the quick reply.

Hum, maybe this is because I added to /etc/acpi/handler.sh the lines described on http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cpufrequtils. I deleted them and now plugging and unplugging several times (without allowing much time between them) does not make any harm. I will continue watching...

#4 2009-05-03 23:52:59

alleluia20

Well, I still have the same problem (when the space between the replug and the second unplug is long). Anyone there with the same problem?

Thank you.

Board footer