You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-13 12:58:53

MindTooth

[PARTIAL SOLVED] Taskbar entries disappear when minimized in Fluxbox.

Now I have a problem when I minimize my apps. When they are maximized, the entree appear in the taskbar. But when I minimize the apps, they disappear. And I need to use ALT+TAB to get the selected.

Is this a know issue, or might this be my doing? Recently installed firefox-nightly through Yaourt.
Any help is appreciated.

Birger smile

Last edited by MindTooth (2008-11-14 15:35:57)

#2 2008-11-13 14:24:06

moljac024

Re: [PARTIAL SOLVED] Taskbar entries disappear when minimized in Fluxbox.

Probably a bug in fluxbox. I would suggest that you switch to openbox, which is very similar, only more actively developed, and completely standards compliant.
Plus, it's more customizable, all by itself and also due to the fact that it doesn't come with any panels, so you have a choice there, too.

Last edited by moljac024 (2008-11-13 14:24:22)

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#3 2008-11-13 19:42:35

MindTooth

The fact is that I chose Fluxbox just because of the task bar tongue Will be checking Openbox once more again tomorrow. Thanks anyway.
What WM would to recommend then?

Though, I am not sure I agree on the development speed. Fluxbox has released 1.1.0 in september, and Openbox 3.4.7.1 in april.

Birger smile

#4 2009-05-04 21:42:09

milomouse
Website

I think you're referring to the iconbar. I remember having that problem too when I used to use Fluxbox, and I believe the solution is in your init file (~/.fluxbox/init), just change:

session.screen0.iconbar.mode: <mode>

to one of the following modes.

None: will not show any windows
Icons: shows windows from all workspaces that are minimized (iconified)
NoIcons: shows windows from all workspaces that are not minimized (iconified)
WorkspaceIcons: shows windows from the current workspace that are minimized (iconified)
WorkspaceNoIcons: shows windows from the current workspace that are not minimized (iconified)
Workspace: shows all windows from the current workspace
All Windows: shows all windows from all workspaces

I think the default is NoIcons, which just shows open windows (not the minimized/iconified windows). I used to use WorkspaceIcons as my mode, showing only the minimized/iconified windows in the iconbar for each workspace, as I had no need to see my open/non-iconified windows in iconbar.

session.screen0.iconbar.mode: WorkspaceIcons

Not sure if this is still an issue with you but maybe someone else has this problem.

Last edited by milomouse (2009-05-04 21:44:32)

Board footer