You are not logged in.

#1 2004-11-29 06:52:33

hypermegachi

ndiswrapper lock up

this is very very fustrating because i had it working!!!

anywho, i have a averatec 3250, and it supposedly has a RT2500 chip in it.  i compiled ndiswrapper from source and installed the .inf file.  i then proceeded to load the ndiswrapper module.  dmesg told me that it was a ralink chip after all.  i fooled around with ifconfig and iwconfig and i was up and running.

but then i restarted my computer (after pacman gnome-extra and other packages), and now it doesn't work anymore.  i cannot load ndiswrapper.  when i try, my system locks up.  if you try lsmod, sometimes it will display a screen of garbage ending with segmentation fault.  other times, it will just say something like this:

> lsmod
Killed
> rmmod ndiswrapper
Killed
> reboot
Killed
> poweroff
Killed

any valid command will result in Killed...and then a couple seconds later the computer will just lock up, and i'd have to do a hard reboot.

i had it working!  what coulda caused it to stop working?
i've tried recompiling ndiswrapper, removing the driver, reinstalling the driver, and no help at all sad

#2 2004-11-29 07:27:43

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Re: ndiswrapper lock up

I used ndiswrapper before the official intel wireless drivers were available. I found I had problems when I loaded it and didnt connect to a wireless network.

Update to the latest ndiswrapper you can get, if that doesnt work then try only loading it when you want to connect to a wireless network.

iphitus

#3 2004-11-29 07:46:01

hypermegachi

Re: ndiswrapper lock up

i figured it out.  it was on the ndiswrapper website in their wiki for compatible devices.  my laptop was in there, and i just needed to get an older version of the driver.  worked after that.

Board footer