You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-06 02:45:16

sayems

Keyboard & Mouse Not working

I recently installed Arch Linux on my computer. The installation went fine. However, after installation Arch Linux boots to a GDM login screen. At this point, my keyboard and mouse have no response and the computer freezes. I have tried to do Alt+Ctrl+Backspace, Ctrl+Alt+F1, F2, F2, Delete but no responsed.

I have successfully installed Arch Linux before without having any problem. now i am having problem with the keyboard and mouse.

Here's what I have installed on my system.

# pacman -S xorg
# pacman -S hwd
# hwd -u
# hwd -xa

# pacman -Rd libgl
# yaourt -S catalyst catalyst-utils
# aticonfig --initial

I have tried to start the hal to the daeomon before X started: but it didnt work. # /etc/rc.d/hal start

I also have tried to DIsable input hotplugging by adding option "AutoAddDevices" "False" to ServerFlags in /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option "AutoAddDevices" "False"
EndSection

Please help me If I am doing anything wrong. I would greatly appreciate any advice you care to give.

#2 2009-05-06 10:12:30

sjovan

Re: Keyboard & Mouse Not working

If you use "AutoAddDevices" "False" in xorg, then you need to install mouse and kyboard drivers with pacman.

I would recomend removeing ati dirvers. reinstall libgl, and get x working with default drivers before going on to the next step with ati stuff.

I have tried to start the hal to the daeomon before X started: but it didnt work. # /etc/rc.d/hal start

What didn't work? Did it fail? what did the error say?

I have tried to do Alt+Ctrl+Backspace

This doesn't work without nozap in xorg

#3 2009-05-06 13:36:45

sayems

I have installed mouse and keyboard drivers with pacman before I removed libgl and installed ATI Catalyst.
# pacman -S xf86-input-evdev

When I tried to start the hal to the daeomon before X.. I don't get any error messege but when I start "startx" I get blank-screen and no response from keyboard or mouse. I was forcefully shutdown my PC by pressing and holding power bottom.

#4 2009-05-06 13:46:51

SiD

I don't know if these packages are needed if you use xf86-input-evdev / hal , but have you installed

xf86-input-keyboard

and

xf86-input-mouse

?

#5 2009-05-06 13:52:52

sayems

No I didn't install it..

xf86-input-keyboard

and

xf86-input-mouse

But I am going to install it now and see If that works. Thanks