You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-10 14:32:03

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Evolution - IMAP server directory?

Hi all,

Been a long-time Thunderbird user, and there's a setting there, under Account Settings->Server Settings->Advanced, to set the IMAP server directory. Specifically, this is used with Gmail IMAP such that the GMail folders appear under the account root in the folder tab to the left.

Is there a similar option for Evolution? From what I've searched, I've found a thread asking about this on ubuntuoforums which was never answered (not surprised, I've been there a while, really technical things can't get much of an answer), as well as an old discussion on whether this was a bug or a feature (some comments that having a folder called Inbox within your directory structure would confuse things, if Evo was to handle things like Thunderbird).

Basically, I just want to know if Evolution can make it appear such that all the IMAP folders are on the same level as my Inbox, Trash, and Drafts folders.

Bonus question: is there a way to point evolution to a 'profile folder', for example stored on another drive rather than my home (I do this with Thunderbird so that I can use the same settings/profile in Windows on my dual-boot, and I've seen a windows build of Evolution, so would like to do this as well if possible). I guess symlinks would help, but that doesn't seem to me as a very elegant solution, somehow.

Disclaimer, it may seem like I should just stay with Thunderbird, since all my examples indicate such, but primarily I'm thinking of switching to have better PIM management in general, as well as easy syncing with my new Palm Centro. Thunderbird's sync-ing solutions leaves a lot to be desired.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer