You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-11 05:56:58

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

[SOLVED through experimentation] offlineIMAP and Evolution?

Hi all, been switching from Thundebird to Evolution (need sync-ing with a PalmOS device), and I've run into the long-standing IMAP bug which absolutely kills speeds. After some searching, I don't have great hopes of it being solved fast, so I would like to try using offlineIMAP and accessing that using Evolution.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find good guides on setting up offlineIMAP for Evolution to use (or setting Evolution to use offlineIMAP), the only guide I can find on the arch wiki concerns MUTT using offlineIMAP.

So, does anyone know of a good guide? Could probably mess around myself, but would like to save time, since this is just a by-the-way experiment. Or would someone be kind enough to help me along, specifically with the Evo settings (never used Evo before) as well as anything i need to look out for in ~/.offlineimaprc?

EDIT: Okay, got everything set up. Have done up a wiki for that, here.

Last edited by ngoonee (2009-05-15 05:19:11)

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer