You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-18 09:00:03

cb474

gnome-power-statistics shows no charge rate information, no graphs

I'm not getting any information about the charge and discharge rate of my battery in gnome-power-statisics (the gui that opens when you select "power history" from the pop up menu on the gnome-power-manager notification icon in the panel). In the history tab, there are no graphs at all, just blank space. In the statistics tab, a graph appears, but just with a flat line, since no charge rate information is being reported to be plotted. And in the details tab, I can see that the charge rate is not being read (it just reports as "0"), as well as the design capacity of the battery not being read (also "0").

Powertop and hardinfo are both able to read the charge rate of the battery. So it seems like gnome-power-statistics just isn't accessing the information for some reason.

Is anyone else having this problem? Suggestions? I don't know if this is an upstream bug, an Arch bug, or a problem with my system that can be reconfigured somehow. Thanks for any ideas.

Last edited by cb474 (2009-04-18 09:06:06)

#2 2009-04-18 10:03:57

Оо
Website

Re: gnome-power-statistics shows no charge rate information, no graphs

Try disconnecting your AC supply and then use r laptop a bit in order to see the discharge graphs & stats

In scientia veritas, in arte honestas. smile

#3 2009-04-18 21:07:24

cb474

Thanks for the reply. I'm talking about with the AC disconnected. When I run the laptop on the battery all of the things described above happen (or, as it were, don't happen). No graph of discharge rate of battery, gnome-power-manager/gnome-power-statistics unable to read the charge rate at all. Nothing. But powertop and hardinfo can do it. So gnome-power-statistics is definitely not working as it's supposed to. Any thoughts about why?

Last edited by cb474 (2009-04-19 10:33:50)

#4 2009-04-19 02:52:06

kalpik
Website

I have the same issue..

#5 2009-04-23 03:47:06

cb474

I'm still having this problem, even after upgrades to gnome-power-statistics and gnome-power-manager came along. Any ideas out there?

Curiously I noticed that gnome-power-statistics did show the charge rate on the battery, in the details tab of its new gui, just for a second and only one time, when I plugged the power back in. I was unable to reproduce this. It does seem like the problem perhaps is not that gnome-power-statistics can't read the charge/discharge rate, but that it's not refreshing and and getting the information. So the one time it briefly showed the charge rate was perhaps because something about plugging in my laptop triggered gnome-power-statistics to refresh. But again, I was unable to reproduce this.

#6 2009-05-11 10:31:43

cb474

This problem remains for me. But I discovered that the power history graphs and charge rate information, when running on battery, works correctly if I start my system up on battery. It is only if I start up on AC and then unplug the laptop that this problem arises.

Another curious side issue. The Power Statistics window has a third section now called "Processor" that shows running processes and how many wakeups they cause, a la PowerTop. This only appears in the Power Statistics window if I start on AC and then unplug my laptop, not if I startup on battery. So it's the opposite phenomenon as with the charge information (only shows if startup on battery).

All very weird.

Board footer