You are not logged in.

#1 2004-12-02 01:47:24

djhizz
Website

Really need your help

I am tryng to instal arch linux on the PC of my friend and he has a SCSI HDD and the bios doesn't permit boot from cd.what i want is how to create a boot floopy so that i can boot from a flopy and install arch.this is how the thins are:he gas a pentium 1 no MMX...64 SDRAM... and the bios permits only boot from floppy.how can i do it?i have on my PC arch linux.can i make my boot floopy disk?To boot from Fllopy?if this can help...pleasehelp me!

My mama said once: ...........***K OFF!!!!   She was right!
<a href="http://www.nobelcom.com">phone cards</a>

#2 2004-12-02 02:01:02

LavaPunk

Re: Really need your help

You sir need to learn how to use spacing between sentences.  When you finish a sentence, after punctuating press the space bar firmly twice before beginning a new sentence.

#3 2004-12-02 02:29:38

Skee
Website

Short & useful answer: You can't use Arch on a Pentium 1, everything is compiled for i686.

Long & grumpy answer: Omule, invata sa scrii. Umbla cu OOWriter-ul dupa tine si scrie acolo intai mesajele si da-i un spellcheck, ce naiba. Ne faci pe toti de rht.

#4 2004-12-02 02:45:18

djhizz
Website

Skee wrote:

Short & useful answer: You can't use Arch on a Pentium 1, everything is compiled for i686.

Long & grumpy answer: Omule, invata sa scrii. Umbla cu OOWriter-ul dupa tine si scrie acolo intai mesajele si da-i un spellcheck, ce naiba. Ne faci pe toti de rht.

stii ce...unii nu stiu sa scrie in engleza ca tine...gine me a Breake...i am not an inteligent assshole like u are!!!

My mama said once: ...........***K OFF!!!!   She was right!
<a href="http://www.nobelcom.com">phone cards</a>

#5 2004-12-02 02:49:30

Skee
Website

Take it as a friendly advice, not an insult. And mind the language plskthx, we're not pulling on each other's underwear here. You don't get any results if people don't know what you're saying. That includes not understanding or simply ignoring the question because of bad writing. And since this is going a bit off-topic, let's put an end to it here.

#6 2004-12-02 13:14:23

murkus

djhizz wrote:

I am tryng to instal arch linux on the PC of my friend and he has a SCSI HDD and the bios doesn't permit boot from cd. what i want is how to create a boot floopy so that i can boot from a flopy and install arch.

to create bootable floppy from the image follow these instructions

link above provided by following google search (page 2, third link)

.murkus

Board footer