You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-12 17:47:44

qqldd

Loss all interface and network after install gnome........

Hi, arch reconized my wire network card eth0 just after I installed it. I installed intel-5000 driver and wpa_supplicant. And it recongnized my wireless card and worked well. Then I installed gnome and gnome-extra. I consulted ArchWiki on installing gnome. I used command as follows:

/etc/rc.d/hal start
/etc/rc.d/fam start
modprobe fuse
gnome-session
gdm

Then Gnome started( Keyboard and Mouse doesn't work most times....)
After I login as a user named 'ldd', it seemed that my home dictionary was incorrect. So I return to a tty, and deleted this user. Then I restarted.
After reboot, I cann't login as root. I didn't set up password for root, but it let me enter a password this time. Then it shows 'Login incorrect'. Then I used live USB( I use USB Disk to install Arch) disk to change the passwd file. I delete a 'x' character in user root. Then I reboot.

This time , I can login as root without password, but a strange thing happen. It seems that interface eth0 and wlan0 lost!!! ifconfig -a only show 'lo'. And when I execute /etc/rc.d/network restart/stop, it prompt [FAIL]. From then on, everythime when I shutdown/reboot Arch, 'Stoping network ' is always [FAIL].

Sorry about my English, I hope you can understand what I mean. Thank you a lot !!!!!!!

Board footer