You are not logged in.

#1 2004-12-01 22:28:43

dp
Website

gtk2-themes-collection

hi all,

i think, i should say some words about the new gtk2-themes-collection pkg:

- it is a collection of gtk2 themes

- some coresponding metacity (gnome) themes are included, if available - there are no coresponding gtk1-themes, because the themes i have chosen do not come with gtk1 corespondent themes ... of course, you can provide me the link to a gtk1-theme, that coresponds with a already included gtk2 theme and i will include the gtk1 one to this pkg... but note: this is a gtk2 themes collection and the metacity and gtk1 themes are only a inclosure

- if you want to see your favourite theme in this pkg, feel free to let me know

- i will try to include as much usable gtk2 themes, as possible (if some theme is not really for usability, but for funny art, it will not be in this pkg - also, very simmilar looking themes are also reduced to the most popular one (if there is no rating somewhere on the net (art.gnome, customize, ...), you should start a poll here somewhere in the forums for or against a theme))

- this pkg is meant to be a container of gtk2 themes for people, who like playing about the look and feel of their desktops

=> any comments or criticism is welcome

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#2 2004-12-02 02:35:54

punkrockguy318
Website

Re: gtk2-themes-collection

Nice work dp  big_smile  Glad to see something like this in the official Arch repos.  Maybe lighthouseblue-gtk2 and gtk2-smooth engine could be added to this package? 
Maybe something similar could be done for gtk1?  And lighthouseblue-gtk1 and gtk1-smooth engine could be included? 

I think it'd be best to gave a gtk2-theme-collection and gtk1-theme collection with all the themes, instead of a bunch of seperate packages.  What do you think dp?

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#3 2004-12-02 11:52:59

dp
Website

punkrockguy318 wrote:

Maybe lighthouseblue-gtk2 and gtk2-smooth engine could be added to this package? 
Maybe something similar could be done for gtk1?  And lighthouseblue-gtk1 and gtk1-smooth engine could be included?

the gtk2-smooth engine is now part of the gnome pkgs ... but i'm working on the transfer of the themes to this pkg ... the gtk-smooth-engine will be discontinued

the lighthouseblue i don't know ... can you give me a link, where it is from?

punkrockguy318 wrote:

I think it'd be best to gave a gtk2-theme-collection and gtk1-theme collection with all the themes, instead of a bunch of seperate packages.  What do you think dp?

gtk1: this is the question: metacity is often comming with a gtk2 theme ... but gtk1 themes are sometimes standalone available and there is no coresponding gtk2 theme (i guess because of the historical reasons)

a gtk1-themes-collection sounds ok .... it only needs some discipline from the community to not confuse these 2 pkgs ... but i'm sure, we can handle this fine (we are not gentoo, eh?)

good suggestions from your side - thanx

#4 2004-12-02 12:02:52

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Ya know what, this gives me an awesome idea, these holidays im going to setup a repo full of packages of themes and stuff, fluxbox and gnome - i dont do kde so contributions there are welcome.

I might make my own arch-artwork package, making some artwork of my own and matching it with some other stuff i have........

iphitus

#5 2004-12-04 07:54:59

whatah

the gtk themes collection depends on some engines that aren't included in the depends of the pkg, i.e. industrial and bluecurve engines. I am not sure what packages have those, but i don't seem to have them on my machine.

#6 2004-12-04 08:36:48

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

dp wrote:

I think from here http://lighthouseblue.sourceforge.net/

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#7 2004-12-04 16:15:02

dp
Website

cactus wrote:
dp wrote:

I think from here http://lighthouseblue.sourceforge.net/

thanx - i just found out, that this theme already exists in the repos: lighthouseblue-gtk2
http://www.archlinux.org/packages.php?id=795

Board footer