You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-14 15:50:19

mrunion
Website

[SOLVED] MySQL Broken After Upgrade?

Has anyone else experienced not being able to "create" anything (stored proc, table, etc.) after yesterday's MySql 5.1 upgrade? My permissions appear to be correct, but when I try to reset them to be sure, I get "mysql.servers table not found" or something similar.

Last edited by mrunion (2009-04-14 16:08:37)

Matt

"It is very difficult to educate the educated."

#2 2009-04-14 16:08:24

mrunion
Website

Re: [SOLVED] MySQL Broken After Upgrade?

I fixed it by following the Wiki for resetting the root password. But BEFORE executing the commands to reset the password, I had to create the mysql.servers table again according to this:

http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?11,142 … msg-188705

I don't know what the problem is, but I suspect that since every EXCEPT MySQLGuiTools moved to 5.1, that may have had something to do with it?

Matt

#3 2009-04-14 16:33:07

mrunion
Website

Oh, after all that I had to run:

mysql_upgrade -p

Matt

#4 2009-05-17 14:16:39

rozoweskarpetki

I have a similar problem :-/  I only just noticed it though cause I don't use mysql much. My problem is different in that I don't get the mysql.servers table error.

When I try to create a table by putting in something like:

CREATE TABLE x ();

I get the following error:

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1

I tried the mysql_upgrade command, but that didn't solve it. I have nothing of any importance in mysql at this time (I'm only messing around with it to try and finally learn it), so if I could install the new version from scratch, that would be fine too. I already tried reinstalling and deleting all the mysql files that I found after uninstalling mysql (/usr/lib/mysql), but no luck. Still can't create any tables. Perhaps I missed something that I should have deleted as well?
Anybody got any ideas? I don't have the old package to downgrade and besides, I would probably prefer to have it up to date.

#5 2009-05-18 20:27:47

rozoweskarpetki

Duh... Sorry, ignore the above. I'm confusing PostgreSQL and MySQL syntax (the example SQL above works in PostgreSQL but does not in MySQL) and I also had the bad luck of coming across a tutorial, which had incorrect MySQL syntax, so nothing I tried seemed to work. But in fact everything I was putting in really had incorrect syntax *blush*

Board footer