You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-19 17:41:09

lostinamerica

Aufs2, Squashfs, Lzma

I'm still relatively new to Arch, but I really like it.  Installing GNOME on Arch is easier than Slack by a mile.   And I'm very impressed with how well-documented Arch is.  The wiki is second to none in my opinion.  Thus, it'll be somewhat embarrassing if the answer to my question is there and I missed it.

Is there a relatively down-and-dirty way to get a kernel with all of the above installed?  My fantasy is to simply issue a pacman command, and voila! up-to-date kernel with all three features.  But I doubt that's possible.  Short of having it that easy, what do you more veteran Arch users recommend?  What's the shortest, least error-prone path to a recent kernel with Aufs2, LZMA and SquashFS?  Thanks in advance.

#2 2009-05-19 19:09:22

godane
Website

Re: Aufs2, Squashfs, Lzma

I have sqlzma package here below:
http://arch-live.isawsome.net/testing/

This will overwrite the squashfs.ko file in kernel26 package. But it will allow you to use the older 3.4 squashfs+lzma modules without any problems.

I'm working on a live cds based on Archlinux. http://godane.wordpress.com/

#3 2009-05-19 19:28:10

lostinamerica

Thanks, godane.  I wondered if I would be reading a reply from you, and I was right.  smile

Would you happen to have a script that installs your patch and 3.4 squashfs+lzma?  As in, a script that installs  your patch, grabs the squashfs+lzma packages with wget, and installs them?  That'd be very cool.

Last edited by lostinamerica (2009-05-19 19:28:46)

#4 2009-05-21 12:09:13

lostinamerica

Hmm.   Okay, so there's no script.  How about some step-by-step instructions (as are found throughout the Arch Wiki) for updating the kernel with squashfs+lzma and aufs2?  Would anyone be able to provide that?

Board footer