You are not logged in.

#26 2004-12-05 23:55:15

z4ziggy
Website

Re: hwd speed can't be beat

keeping in the same "optimistic" guidelines, i admit thats the 1st time i hear about knoppix-netcardconfig - i will look into the sources just to learn and get some ideas. and about the nightmare, well... hmmm... true, sounds like a bad trip, but maybe TRYING to ease the pain will be better than nothing... im surely up to it, as i find this task usefull enough for the major public.

i'll post my comments on the issue once i will spend some time with the netcardconfig codes. feel free to send any more of your ideas in the meantime wink

ps.
about your livecd background, (this is getting boring...) i agree... most are too slow, and waiting over 2 minutes for openoffice-word to open makes me wonder how come m$ actually used konoppix on their presentation when their windows desktop failed... with that said, i should also mention puppy linux, which makes great use of the ram to load the os and desktop... thats a good way for a quick but somewhat limited desktop.

#27 2004-12-06 00:21:06

i3839

Netcardconfig does the easy stuff: It's just a wrapper for ifconfig. So not interesting at all. It will be a bad trip if trying to get internet access in a liveCD when having a Speedtouch usb modem, or other exotic things. Poor user.

LiveCd's are great for what they do, but what I don't understand are those people wanting to run bloated things like KDE with a liveCD.

#28 2004-12-06 15:14:33

z4ziggy
Website

yea, i googled for netcardconfig and found the bash script... maybe thats a 1st step in the right direction... i need to consult with some friends of mine who DO have 1st-time connection problems, and see if i can think out of something...

regarding bloated live-cds - hey, 1st time we disagree smile i kinda like the idea of having a complete desktop for both rescue, 1st aid, and demo purposes. the cd performance is what kills me...

Board footer