You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-15 15:57:04

saedelaere

Can't install Kompozer from aur

Hi,

I'am using Arch x86_64 and I'am trying to install Kompozer 0.7.10.
When installing using yaourt I get an error message

make[3]: *** [nsAppRunner.o] Fehler 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-saedelaere/aur-kompozer/kompozer/src/kompozer-0.7.10/mozilla/toolkit/xre'
make[2]: *** [libs] Fehler 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-saedelaere/aur-kompozer/kompozer/src/kompozer-0.7.10/mozilla/toolkit'
make[1]: *** [tier_50] Fehler 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-saedelaere/aur-kompozer/kompozer/src/kompozer-0.7.10/mozilla'
make: *** [default] Fehler 2

I also tried to build directly from the src package but ended with the same errors. Anyone an Idea how I could fix this? I was able to build the latest alpha (0.8a4) but that version is not stable enough for daily use.

Regards

#2 2009-05-16 13:48:59

tcmdvm
Website

Re: Can't install Kompozer from aur

The program is currently broken, and if it does compile will crash.

If they ever get the new version out, I will update the package.

There is a alpha compiled build that will run on i686, but not a 64 bit version. I tried playing with the source code was unable to get it to work.

#3 2009-05-16 14:36:20

saedelaere

I contacted the developers about the 0.8a4 and i successfully managed to compile the version on arch x86_64 and it runs. But it has some bugs sad
They have the files i compiled and wanted to upload them, but can't find it so far on sourceforge.

#4 2009-05-16 16:29:30

jean_no

Hi

can you explain how you compile the version 0.8a4
or
can you post your PKBUILD

thanks

regards

#5 2009-05-16 20:43:29

saedelaere

Let me see if I remeber correctly what I did:

First of all you got to download the latest src files.

Unzip them and go to mozilla/composer/config and copy the file mozconfig.ubuntu to /mozilla.
Rename the file to .mozconfig
Open a terminal, change to the mozilla directory and run

make -f client.mk build

This will last for some time.
After that you should have a directory named "obj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu"
Enter this directory and go to /dist/bin. There you will find s shell script named kompozer. Execute that shell script and kompozer 0.8a4 should be starting.

Regards

#6 2009-05-17 16:22:12

jean_no

I can't compile it :

this is the error :

checking whether compiler supports -Wno-long-long... yes                                                                       
checking whether C compiler supports -fprofile-generate... yes                                                                 
checking whether C++ compiler has -pedantic long long bug... checking for valid optimization flags... no                       
checking for correct temporary object destruction order... yes                                                                 
checking for __cxa_demangle... (cached) yes                                                                                    
cat: conftest.C: No such file or directory                                                                                     
no                                                                                                                             
configure: error: Your compiler does not follow the C++ specification for temporary object destruction order.                  
*** Fix above errors and then restart with               "make -f client.mk build"                                             
make[1]: *** [configure] Erreur 1                                                                                              
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/jnd/05-builds/kompozer/src/mozilla »                                                   
make: *** [/home/jnd/05-builds/kompozer/src/mozilla/../obj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/config.status] Erreur 2                    
make: *** Attente des tâches non terminées....

Regards

#7 2009-05-20 20:47:53

saedelaere

jean_no wrote:

I can't compile it :

this is the error :

checking whether compiler supports -Wno-long-long... yes                                                                       
checking whether C compiler supports -fprofile-generate... yes                                                                 
checking whether C++ compiler has -pedantic long long bug... checking for valid optimization flags... no                       
checking for correct temporary object destruction order... yes                                                                 
checking for __cxa_demangle... (cached) yes                                                                                    
cat: conftest.C: No such file or directory                                                                                     
no                                                                                                                             
configure: error: Your compiler does not follow the C++ specification for temporary object destruction order.                  
*** Fix above errors and then restart with               "make -f client.mk build"                                             
make[1]: *** [configure] Erreur 1                                                                                              
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/jnd/05-builds/kompozer/src/mozilla »                                                   
make: *** [/home/jnd/05-builds/kompozer/src/mozilla/../obj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/config.status] Erreur 2                    
make: *** Attente des tâches non terminées....

Regards

Did you install the group base-devel? Never had this kind of error.

Last edited by saedelaere (2009-05-20 20:49:21)

#8 2009-05-22 02:28:53

tcmdvm
Website

I have updated the kompozer package in AUR to version 0.8a4. It should build on i686 as well as x86_64 systems.

It is an unstable build, but at least it compiles and so far runs without crashing.

Board footer