You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-23 01:13:07

thetrivialstuff

squirrelmail package downgraded?

I have one mail server that runs squirrelmail and I'm in the middle of setting up another one (for a different set of domains). When I got squirrelmail installed on the new one, the first thing I noticed was that the default theme seemed to be broken - no icons on anything, browser default fonts (missing CSS?), and such.

I went to the squirrelmail website to see if this was a known issue, but their screen shots looked the same way!

Then I looked at the versions -- the new server got 1.4.17-3 and the old one somehow has 1.5.2-6cvs. I still have the old server's package in the pacman cache, so it's definitely not a package I built myself out of the AUR. Was squirrelmail downgraded at some point in Arch's history?

I've seen a few references to security flaws in it in the forums, but all in versions earlier than 1.5.2. I've found 1.5.2 reliable, and as far as I know there haven't been any problems at all... I'm going to grab the 1.5.2 package and do a pacman -U with it on the new server, unless someone knows a good reason not to.

#2 2009-05-23 05:10:33

tdy

Re: squirrelmail package downgraded?

thetrivialstuff wrote:

Was squirrelmail downgraded at some point in Arch's history?

squirrelmail: return to stable branch

#3 2009-05-23 05:24:37

thetrivialstuff

Re: squirrelmail package downgraded?

tdy wrote:
thetrivialstuff wrote:

Was squirrelmail downgraded at some point in Arch's history?

squirrelmail: return to stable branch

Ah; figured it was something like that, thanks. Looks like squirrelmail 1.5 has been in development for years tongue

Board footer