You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-24 01:35:59

oddsocks

mpd & ram use

Hi, trying to set up mpd, but everytime it starts as a daemon, it uses up 1.8gb of ram!

Have no idea why because the verbose output for mpd just isn't the same as before.

Anyone have any ideas why?

#2 2009-05-24 06:21:41

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: mpd & ram use

if you say 'the verbose output for MPD just isn't the same as before', I assume that means something changed? If so, why don't you track down those changes?

1,8 GB is incredibly huge... MPD usually eats a few MiB.

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#3 2009-05-24 12:40:42

oddsocks

Yeah I know, before upgrade it used to eat up less. I just don't know what is happening with the --create-db anymore

[root@myhost martin]# mpd --create-db --verbose
config: loading file /etc/mpd.conf
listen: binding to address for 127.0.0.1
path: path_set_fs_charset: fs charset is: UTF-8
output: No "audio_output" defined in config file
output: Attempt to detect audio output device
output: Attempting to detect a alsa audio device
output: Successfully detected a alsa audio device
daemon: opening pid file
daemon: daemonized!
daemon: writing pid file

And that's it, there's no update on the files it is seeking(which it did before, and allowed me to find files with some bad tagging and fix) and so I can't see where the problem is.

If anyone knows how to get the verbose mode like before please let me know so I can see where mpd gets stuck.

Using mpd-git, dated 20090524

#4 2009-05-24 13:24:48

litemotiv
Forum Fellow

you might have to append --stdout as a parameter (prints messages to stdout and stderr)?

there might also be information in mpd.log and mpd.error, the locations of these files are set in your mpd.conf

in mpd.conf, also check if the location of your music directory is set correctly

if nothing helps, last thing you can do is check http://www.musicpd.org/mantis if there are any known bugs (and/or submit your own), or switch to the stable mpd in the repos

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Board footer