You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-22 22:06:23

cmtptr

[SOLVED] obexfs - "fusermount: user has no write access to mountpoint"

Hi,

I'm trying to write a fstab entry to mount my bluetooth cell phone as a filesystem.  The following is the line in fstab:

obexfs#-b00:15:A8:89:33:9C /media/cmt_razr fuse user,noauto,allow_other,fsname=obexfs#-b00:15:A8:89:33:9C 0 0

It works when I "mount /media/cmt_razr" as root, but when I try the same command as a user I get the following error:

fusermount: user has no write access to mountpoint /media/cmt_razr

I shouldn't need write access since I'm using the "user" option, right?  I've looked on the obexfs website and it makes no mention of this.  I've also tried #bluez-users on irc.freenode.net, but it seems to be a ghostchannel of idlers.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Last edited by cmtptr (2009-05-26 04:22:58)

#2 2009-05-24 21:47:37

Peanut

Re: [SOLVED] obexfs - "fusermount: user has no write access to mountpoint"

The "user" option seems to behave differently when applied to a FUSE driver than when it's applied to the "normal" filesystem drivers. I had the same problem with NTFS-3G (which is also a FUSE-driver):
http://ntfs-3g.org/support.html#useroption

The issue seems to be that you are granted rights to mount the filesystem, but not the rights to use the device and the mountpoint. In other words, you can only mount the device if you have sufficient access rights to both the device itself and the mountpoint.

Because of this output:

fusermount: user has no write access to mountpoint /media/cmt_razr

I would try granting your user write access to /media/cmt_razr (after unmounting the drive!)

Board footer