You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-25 11:19:06

fishonadish

Epiphany favicons vanishing - clearing cache doesn't help

Hi,

After clearing my cache in Epiphany, it wont display favicons anymore. I use favicons as buttons on the toolbar for some sites, and they're now blank.
This only seems to apply to sites in my bookmarks, so I assume epiphany has a record somewhere of sites for which it already has the favicon and won't refresh it for these? The favicon appears fine for unvisited sites.

I have tried emptying the favicon_cache folder, and removing ephy-favicon-cache.xml, but it seems to have no effect.  I'm not sure where this info is stored, because even if I remove the epiphany folder and allow it to generate a fresh configuration, the favicon issue still occurs for exactly the same sites.  I assume therefore that this info is stored elsewhere.

I have the favicon extension turned on - I have tried toggling that too, but it makes no difference.

Anyone know how I can correct this, or at least completely wipe the old config so I can set it up again?

Thanks.

Regards,
Fishonadish

#2 2009-05-25 02:38:34

biloky

Re: Epiphany favicons vanishing - clearing cache doesn't help

According to this, it was a change upstream that broke it.  I applied the mentioned patch and my favicons returned. big_smile

Board footer