You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-21 22:25:29

cldfzn

Pulseaudio networking problems

Using pulseaudio I cannot get my servers pulseaudio daemon to be visible to my clients.  I'm using avahi-daemon and have enabled the ability in the devchooser to see network devices on the clients and to share local devices on the server.  Nothing shows up anywhere.  Any help is appreciated and if you need more info please ask. 

thank you

#2 2009-05-25 17:02:17

cldfzn

Re: Pulseaudio networking problems

Alright well now that I have more time.  I'm assuming this is the right forum for this since its multimedia but it may belong in the networking section.  I've been trying to setup pulse audio and avahi to allow zeroconf configuration.  I want to be able to move my laptop to and fro from my house and connect to my server in my office and play audio through its pulseaudio daemon.  I have load the tcp zeroconf module and can see its available through the padevchooser on both my desktop and laptop.  The only problem is they will not connect.  The only way i can find to connect is to copy the .pulse-cookie from server to client which seems like a hassle and not zeroconf..  Am I missing something, setting something up wrong.. anything? or is the only solution to bring the pulse-cookie from the server to client.  I would like to allow other laptops not just mine to connect with ease as well instead of ssh'ing in and scp'ing the cookie which seems like a giant pain for zeroconf.

Board footer