You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-30 17:40:17

Zetsumei

GRUB doesn't install on my SCSI RAID drives...

I was up all night trying to get GRUB to install on my scsi raid.  I've got a compaq proliant 5500 server with 4 processors at 550mhz each, 768mb of RAM and 10x 18gb scsi drives.  I went through the latest i686 install and everything went fine, but when I got to the bootloader installation I read through the grub menu.lst file and everything appeared normal to me so I saved and closed it and tell it to install on the c0d0 drive and then selected yes to the software raid, I think thats what I do.  It's either a raid card or onboard raid, but I hit yes and then installed it again on the c0d1 volume.  Then it says Error: Missing/Invalid Root: Device.  I've checked everywhere about the lvm2, mdadm, mkinitcpio, etc and nothing works to get it installed or I'm just stupid.

Anyone think they can help me?  I have installed arch several times x64 version on my desktops, but they have sata drives and no raid.  So, I'm at a lost sad.

Thanks for any help.

#2 2009-05-31 13:31:37

byte

Re: GRUB doesn't install on my SCSI RAID drives...

Paste the relevant (uncommented) lines from menu.lst, fstab and mkinitcpio.conf.
I think you need to add the cpqarray module manually to MODULES in mkinitcpio.conf.

Board footer