You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-18 13:49:55

majiq

Critical Battery Suspends Incorrectly

I'm using gnome-power-manager, and my computer suspends wonderfully. I'm not sure which method I'm using since I tried both and I cannot recall what I did on my last effort to get suspend/hibernate to work. However, after my laptop suspends for being idle, charges down past critical battery level, I start it up. I made the critical battery level mark 5%, by the by, so that it can suspend for a good while without me noticing.

Anyway, I start it back up at a power level bellow critical and it doesn't complain. This is one issue. I feel like this behavior is the wrong one. Can someone explain to me why it is not or why I should look at it another way? Or should something be filed upstream-ish/to the package manager?

As I leave the laptop on and plugged in, the battery charges. Upon reaching the 5% level, it tells me my battery level is critical and suspends. This is just plain wrong. If I'm charging and the battery level goes critical, it should not suspend. I feel like I should post this to the package manager of gnome-power-manager. Thing is that I don't quite remember which package that is. Truly, I feel like I should post this to GNOME, but I think there's a pecking order for these things?

#2 2009-06-03 00:29:18

drandre

Re: Critical Battery Suspends Incorrectly

majiq wrote:

Anyway, I start it back up at a power level bellow critical and it doesn't complain. This is one issue. I feel like this behavior is the wrong one. Can someone explain to me why it is not or why I should look at it another way? Or should something be filed upstream-ish/to the package manager?

As I leave the laptop on and plugged in, the battery charges. Upon reaching the 5% level, it tells me my battery level is critical and suspends. This is just plain wrong. If I'm charging and the battery level goes critical, it should not suspend. I feel like I should post this to the package manager of gnome-power-manager. Thing is that I don't quite remember which package that is. Truly, I feel like I should post this to GNOME, but I think there's a pecking order for these things?

Both these issues sound like valid bugs to me and I would certainly up-stream them - especially the second.

Arch is a pretty raw distribution in so much as it makes little or no modifications to the up-stream packages.  This will typically mean that you can report issues with packages directly up-stream - which most developers would prefer.  But you are right - if unsure it is a good idea to check to see if it is a distro specific issue first.

Board footer