You are not logged in.

#1 2003-08-16 10:25:09

phunni

Compiling Galeon

Trying to copmpile galeon from source and the configure step can't find ORBIT or gnome.

I have both orbit and the gnome libs - but they are not being found.  Anyone know where these get put so I can point configure to them?

#2 2003-08-16 10:41:22

sarah31
Website

Re: Compiling Galeon

you will likely have to set the path to those libs in your configure line. just do a configure --help to find the best way to set this path.

as for compiling galeon.....why not just tweak the PKGBUILD script to your desire for galeon? Is there something wrong with the arch version of galeon?

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2003-08-16 13:23:40

I probably should tweak the PKGBUILD script for galeon.  The problem with the arch build is that I can't get it to work how I want it to - so I figured I'd try a fresh compile

#4 2003-08-16 13:33:26

phunni

Not sure why I was logged in as guest before - hmmm... never mind

I actually am starting to like phoenix (which I have been using while trying to figure out the galeon thing) and actually, if I could sort out the annoyance of the stupid profiles (http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=981 ) then I would be happy to forget galeon altogether...[/url]

#5 2003-08-18 15:10:35

tyme
Website

phunni:  phoenix has become firebird, and there is a newer version out than the one in unofficial: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firebird/rel … gnu.tar.gz

i would get that, as there have been a LOT of improvements (not to mention the name change due to copyright issues).  it's precompiled, so just download, untar where you'd like it to be, make a link to /usr/bin/firebird and off you go.

#6 2003-08-18 20:06:41

Mork II

There are several firebird packages in ftp.archlinux.org/incoming, I'm using the one called firebird-head, its compiled from the cvs sources sometimes a week or so back. Download, untar and install locally with pacman -A /path/packagename (if you run pacman from the folder the package is in you don't need to provide the path).

Board footer