You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-07 22:13:07

DarksideEE7

Can't compilekde-config missing

I'm trying to compile a calculator app called pgcalc and it looks like I'm missing kde-config.  I tried:
pacman -Ss kde-config with no results.  I read in another thread that it should be in kdelibs, but I already have it....tried to update it to the latest with no luck. 
I've refreshed and synced with pacman today (just installed arch yesterday), so any idea where to get this file?

checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking for -p flag to install... yes
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for kde-config... not found
configure: error: The important program kde-config was not found!
Please check whether you installed KDE correctly.

#2 2009-06-07 22:24:29

DarksideEE7

Re: Can't compilekde-config missing

Well it looks like the kde4 dev team (in the infinite wisdom...........) renamed kde-config to kde4-config.  Why this did this is beyond me, as this is going to break every script that uses kde-config. 

Well I'm going to see if I can make these changes to the script file and hope for the best.

#3 2009-06-07 23:29:43

Garns

I somehow doubt wether pgcalc will build with kde4, they renamed kde-config for a reason, see http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel& … 511939&w=2 . However I got it to build with kdelibs3 and the following configure options:

./configure --with-qt-dir=/opt/qt --without-arts

I'm sorry that I can't give a PKGBUILD but kde-config and meinproc segfault in fakeroot and I don't want to build as root.

#4 2009-06-08 00:25:45

DarksideEE7

Garns wrote:

I somehow doubt wether pgcalc will build with kde4, they renamed kde-config for a reason, see http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel& … 511939&w=2 . However I got it to build with kdelibs3 and the following configure options:

./configure --with-qt-dir=/opt/qt --without-arts

I'm sorry that I can't give a PKGBUILD but kde-config and meinproc segfault in fakeroot and I don't want to build as root.

All right I'll give that a shot...........thanks!

Success!  You, sir, are the man.  installing kdelibs3 and running ./configure --with-qt-dir=/opt/qt --without-artsv was the ticket.

Last edited by DarksideEE7 (2009-06-08 00:34:42)

Board footer