You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-10 20:26:31

SnapShot

[SOLVED] HP Integrated Bluetooth module

I have HP nx7400 notebook with "HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology". AFAIK the bluetooth module is connected through the USB bus. The problem is that on the notebook there is one switch for controling both WiFi and Bluetooth and for separate control there is a software on Windows that enables you to turn off/on the Bluetooth module or WiFi. I rarely use Bluetooth on my notebook so I always keep it turned off, and I forgot to turn it on when I removed Windows from the notebook about 6 months ago. Now I want to enable it under Linux and it seems like there is no way to turn the Bluetooth module on. It is not recognized under Linux. I have Windows in VirtualBox and VirtualBox suports redirecting of USB HW to virtual machine but I can't redirect the device which is not recognized.

Does anybody have some idea how to turn it on under Linux withouth installing Windows just for that?

Last edited by SnapShot (2009-06-10 21:12:39)

#2 2009-06-10 21:12:24

SnapShot

Re: [SOLVED] HP Integrated Bluetooth module

I have solved the problem by loading hp-wmi module. After "modprobe hp-wmi" my bluetooth module was enabled and listed as usb device in lsusb output.

Last edited by SnapShot (2009-06-10 21:32:19)

Board footer