You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-12 13:28:56

itsmeh

Arch package manager to see whats avaiable?

Ubuntu has synaptics and add/remove option  , what does arch have? Right now with pacman im just taking a stab in the dark , but how can i see what is available for me to install?

Need something similar to synaptics that shows the programs, and tells me what they are for

#2 2009-06-12 13:34:39

SamC
Website

Re: Arch package manager to see whats avaiable?

'pacman -Ss' can search the database, 'pacman -Sl' lists all packages, 'pacman -Si' shows information for all packages. You can also try install Shaman for a gui.

#3 2009-06-12 13:39:32

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Arch package manager to see whats avaiable?

The pacman manual is all you need, provided you have read the various guides on the wiki.

If you want Add/Remove, maybe you should reconsider your choice of distro. I strongly suggest you read up before you ask basic questions like these. Pacman can display all the info you want - and the manual tells you how to do it. If that is not enough there are also graphical front-ends available for pacman.

If you have a problem that can't be tackled by personal initiative alone, open a topic. This one is done smile.

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

Board footer