You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-16 02:12:01

fsckd
Forum Fellow

e16 matches.cfg problems

Hi, I'm somewhat of a newbie and am not sure where to post this. I'm having trouble getting Enlightenment's matches.cfg to consistently work. I'm trying three operations, 'Border  BORDERLESS', 'Winop   move    0 0' and 'Winop   size    1440 795'. The results are not the same across programs so I'll give some examples and pictures. smile

Xpdf

Class           Xpdf                    Border  BORDERLESS
Class           Xpdf                    Winop   size    1440 795

This should produce a window without borders taking the full width of the screen. Instead, I get this:

2qtxyxs_th.jpg

The border is still there. Xpdf is aware the size has been changed and produces layout for it yet the visible width is exactly that had no size operation been done. (This is more pronounced in the other examples below.) The height has been changed correctly.

If I comment out the size winop, it should display xpdf as normal but without the window borders. It fails to remove the borders. This compares to Firefox, for which there is also a 'Border BORDERLESS' line and correctly appears without window borders.

Links -g

Class           Links                   Border  BORDERLESS
Class           Links                   Winop   size    1440 795
Class           Links                   Winop   move    0 0

33bllbc_th.jpg

As with the xpdf example, the visible width is the same as if no size operation was made. Links seems to be aware it was resized and produces output for the new size and the right side gets truncated. The height seems to have changed correctly.

XTerm

I tried xterm to see if it was also affected.

Class           XTerm                   Border  BORDERLESS
Class           XTerm                   Winop   move    0 0
Class           XTerm                   Winop   size    1440 795

These matches produce:

fdsoph_th.jpg

Neither the visible height nor the width have changed and xterm renders as if they have. The border is still there.

If I comment out the size winop, the output is correct:

Class           XTerm                   Border  BORDERLESS
Class           XTerm                   Winop   move    0 0
#Class           XTerm                   Winop   size    1440 795

t9cj76_th.jpg

For each of the above examples, mouse activity on the 'holes' goes through to whatever is underneath.

These problems have been observed for the two versions of Enlightenment I've installed on my Arch system, 0.16.8.15 and 1.0.0.

Any ideas? Thanks.

aur S & M :: forum rules :: Community Ethos
Resources for Women, POC, LGBT*, and allies

Board footer