You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-16 15:25:01

adekoba
Website

Difficulties with pm-utils [Solved]

Hello. I want suspend functionality for my laptop, but pm-utils does not seem to be working properly. I followed the guide here to no avail. Every time I run pm-suspend, either as root or a privileged user, the machine looks as if it goes into suspend mode for about 1 second, then immediately returns to an awake state. The same thing occurs with pm-hibernate.

Please, how can I address this problem?

Last edited by adekoba (2009-06-16 20:11:01)

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

#2 2009-06-16 20:13:26

adekoba
Website

Re: Difficulties with pm-utils [Solved]

Disregard this thread, it is now working flawlessly. I just reinstalled everything.

#3 2009-06-16 20:41:57

cbertelli

I have the same problem.
Why disregarding this thread? I think this shouldn't happen.
Arch is designed to adopt a rolling version, even when the kernel changes, as it happened in my case (and I suppose in yours too) this should not disrupt anything.
Recently this happened more frequently than ever in the last two years, so frequently that I usually wait for an update not to have anything serious to carry on the following days; I used to trust Arch, which is a wonderful distribution when you want to use your pc (not to replace it) to use up to date software.
Anyway, if you tell me what you did remove/reinstalled it would be easier for me to reach your flawless state ;-)).
c

#4 2009-06-17 05:04:15

adekoba
Website

Prior to install pm-utils, I was messing around with the acpi configuration. To make it work flawlessly, I simply restored /etc/acpi to its original state. I'm not entirely sure if this had any influence, but I also did everything mentioned in this guide.

Board footer