You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-17 00:09:51

Tjb0607

[Solved] Are these dependecies on aur?

I more of a creative person and enjoy playing LittleBigPlanet. But right now, I don't have access to the PS3, so I can't play it. I remember Xmoto being fun and I loved to create levels using inksmoto. (Inksmoto is an add-on for inkscape that allows you to make Xmoto levels.) I followed all the instructions on how to install it, but it appears that I didn't have a few dependencies installed, so it didn't work. I got one of them installed, (tk) but I need 2 more. (Python-Imaging-Tk and Python-Tk) I searched to see if it was on aur, and neither of them were. I searched tk, but then a bunch of GTK things showed up, and I didn't have the time to search through all of that. I searched TkInter, but nothing showed up. Are these dependecies found anywhere that it would be easy to install? I don't want to have to compile the dependecies. (Although it wouldn't take too long) Right now I'm updating and the update included Python, so the update may fix this. I'm sorry if the update fixes it. I have a 32-bit processer, I doubt this would help but it just might.

CONCLUSION for people who are too lazy to read the text above:
Need These dependecies: Python-Imaging-Tk and Python-Tk.
Couldn't find them, too lazy to look through tons of results.
Updating, update includes Python, update may fix it.
32-bit processer.

EDIT: Update didn't work, please help!
EDIT (Again): All finished, works just fine. Thanks iphitus for helping me!

Last edited by Tjb0607 (2009-06-18 04:00:01)

Gimme bitcoins! 1Jfm9C1gTcM7s3nHW6HYcva2fRFYCR1Jt5

#2 2009-06-17 02:35:56

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Re: [Solved] Are these dependecies on aur?

Search.

CONCLUSION for people who are too lazy to read the text above:
Need These dependecies: Python-Imaging-Tk and Python-Tk.
Couldn't find them, too lazy to compile it.

and I didn't have the time to search through all of that.

And we have time to devote to solving your problems for you because youre too lazy to do so yourself?

Both of what you want are already in the repositories, and you've already installed one without realising. 

The other one isn't too hard to find... "man pacman" and look how to search. Hint, try "python imaging". It the result may also provide python-imaging-tk.

Last edited by iphitus (2009-06-17 02:40:41)

#3 2009-06-17 04:19:00

Tjb0607

zhscommandnotfound.png
Am I doing it right?

#4 2009-06-17 04:26:17

tdy

Tjb0607 wrote:

Am I doing it right?

umm... no.

Why would you alias pacman to pacman-color if you don't have pacman-color installed?  The error message is very clear.  Did you just copy someone else's zshrc without looking at it and without looking at the error message?

#5 2009-06-17 04:32:26

Tjb0607

tdy wrote:
Tjb0607 wrote:

Am I doing it right?

umm... no.

Why would you alias pacman to pacman-color if you don't have pacman-color installed?  The error message is very clear.  Did you just copy someone else's zshrc without looking at it and without looking at the error message?

No... I didn't do that, I'm not THAT newby
You're right, the image was very clear, I thought of doing that before, but... I don't know...
Compiling pacman-color right now.

EDIT: Done, search results:

extra/pil 1.1.6-5
    Python Imaging Library

Should I download this? I assume I should...

Last edited by Tjb0607 (2009-06-17 04:59:47)

#6 2009-06-17 05:03:07

Tjb0607

OK, it works just fine now. Thanks to iphitus to helping me. smile

#7 2009-06-17 05:11:31

windtalker

@tjb.....

Before you piss off to many folks, you've already seen no one here is going to do work for you.
It was probably a whim you were even responded to, even though it looked more like you ticked someone off already.
Everyone here has a life outside of this forum to include the devs and mods.
Pretty much everyone here will help with a legit problem, at least supply a link to a fix for the most part.
What you're asking for is for someone to hold your hand and pretty much think for you.
Arch is the best distro going for my money, but the users here are somewhat advanced and aren't much inclined to hold hands or think for someone else when the wiki is massive compared to most of the ones I've encountered and just chock full of answers.
Get thee to the wiki dude. [I'm assuming of course]

edit. simultaneous post as I see he already solved his problem. O well.

Last edited by windtalker (2009-06-17 05:13:34)

#8 2009-06-17 06:09:13

doorknob60

tdy wrote:
Tjb0607 wrote:

Am I doing it right?

umm... no.

Sorry, that was me hehe. I gave him my zshrc when I set up Arch for him (brothers).

Board footer