You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-18 18:20:14

mulenmar
Website

Kazehakase 0.5.6 and Flash

Hello everybody..

I'm using Kazehakase 0.5.6, as it's a bit lighter than IceCat or Iceweasel. I've tried install ing swfdec-mozilla, and have tried symlinking libswfdecmozilla.so into /usr/lib/kazehakase and /usr/lib/xulrunner*, but it still doesn't show up in about:plugins and Flash still doesn't work. I'm trying to install Gnash now, but from my experience with Debian and Ubuntu Gnash doesn't like YouTube videos.

I've tried flashplugin-nonfree in the past, and that didn't work either....didn't try paticularly hard though. In any case, I'm trying to avoid as much non-FOSS software as possible here.

Any help here would be much appreciated -- otherwise, I'll have to go bother K.Mandla directly big_smile

#2 2009-06-19 02:56:13

mulenmar
Website

Re: Kazehakase 0.5.6 and Flash

Ok, this is just annoying. Fifteen minutes after I post about this, it starts working. It isn't exactly what I'd call high-performance (compared to that Greasemonkey script that replaces Flash with MP4, anyway), but it seems to be working.

Well, consider this solved. If anyone comes up with a better solution than this, please post it.

Posted from elinks big_smile

Last edited by mulenmar (2009-06-19 03:06:52)

Board footer