You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-20 21:16:11

ntowakbh

[SOLVED] Sound effects from GTK programs (Openbox)

I've been trying to get to where I'm not relying on anything from GNOME in Openbox, so I can remove it.  Just recently I stopped using gnome-settings-daemon, and use gtk-chtheme to set themes.  Ever since, I have little sound effects that play in GTK programs upon doing different actions, such as clicking a button or minimizing.*  While they aren't loud, and don't last long, they are incredibly irritating me, and would like to stop them.  Any ideas?

Also, I know for a fact that it was stopping using gnome-settings-daemon that did it, because if I turn it on, the sound effects stop.

* Firefox is a half-exception.  Some of the sound effects happen with it, some don't. 

I did search Google, and the forums, and was unable to find anything that could help me.

Last edited by ntowakbh (2009-06-20 21:40:33)

Many nights, I lay awake in bed,
Looking up at the stars.
Thinking of life, it's complexity,
And where in the world my ceiling could have gone this time.

#2 2009-06-20 21:32:22

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] Sound effects from GTK programs (Openbox)

#3 2009-06-20 21:40:07

ntowakbh

Re: [SOLVED] Sound effects from GTK programs (Openbox)

skottish wrote:

Many thanks, while doing more Googling I found something about gtkrc settings, that did indeed fix my problem.

Looking at that topic, I think the reason I didn't find something like that was my search terms.  Kept using "sound effects" instead of "system sounds".

Problem solved, many thanks skottish!

Many nights, I lay awake in bed,
Looking up at the stars.
Thinking of life, it's complexity,
And where in the world my ceiling could have gone this time.

Board footer