You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-16 19:10:52

conso

Problems with the free radeon driver

Hi!

I have an ~old laptop with an ati radeon mobility 9500. Since fglrx doesn't work with newer xorg, I had to switch to the xf86-video-ati driver when I moved from an older ubuntu-installation to archlinux. Performance is quite ok to me (~1200 fps in glxgears), but I get very strange visuals in a lot of games. There seem to be issues with shadows, a lot of objects are just plain black. E.g in eduke32, I can hardly see anything unless I shoot. In other openGL-games, i encounter similar issues with black textures that should actually be colored.

Anyone got an idea?

If I shall provide configuration files or logs, just tell me.

#2 2009-06-19 21:52:41

conso

Re: Problems with the free radeon driver

*ping* I've tested every option in any wiki-article I could find about the radeon-driver. Am I the only one having this problem?

#3 2009-06-21 04:10:53

Ranguvar

Re: Problems with the free radeon driver

The Free AMD video drivers are still very new, and likely will have bugs (note that I have an NVIDIA card, and am not personally familiar with the subject). I recommend talking to the devs, looking at open bug reports / filing one of your own, etc., to help the driver get better. It may be a known bug or a new one you can help them fix by reporting.

Info here: http://www.x.org/wiki/radeon under Documentation and Support.

Good luck!

Board footer