You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-21 06:33:02

colbert

How to prevent automounting of external HD

I have an external SATA drive in an enclosure connected via eSATA, and I have an alias set up to mount it instead because it automounts randomly, very inconsistent, and when it does it mounts to /media/tera_, because I have /media/tera always there to mount with the alias. How can I prevent it from automounting completely, or is there another solution I've overlooked?

TIA for any help smile

#2 2009-06-21 08:35:59

Barghest

Re: How to prevent automounting of external HD

Hi,

for me external drives only have been auto mounted when a filemanager (for me thunar) was opened.

I then went to the preferences in thunar and deactivated that external drives are mounted automatically.

Hope that helps

#3 2009-06-21 12:10:07

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op

Re: How to prevent automounting of external HD

colbert wrote:

I have an external SATA drive in an enclosure connected via eSATA, and I have an alias set up to mount it instead because it automounts randomly, very inconsistent, and when it does it mounts to /media/tera_, because I have /media/tera always there to mount with the alias. How can I prevent it from automounting completely, or is there another solution I've overlooked?

TIA for any help smile

Depends on what you are using to automount it. If it's gnome, then poke around in gconf.
You could also write a hal rule that stops it from automounting.

Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

Board footer