You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-30 11:23:17

eldamar

Turbo3G

Hi! i have a problem trying to install my usb dongle for wireless internet,
i found this http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=844988 script and installed usb_modeswitch
but the script doesnt find /etc/init.d/udev dont really know what file is used there for ubuntu, maby i can ln -s something?

or is there another way to install it?

#2 2008-10-30 11:35:11

filou.linux

Re: Turbo3G

I don't know how you could solve your problem the 'not-ubuntu-way' (since I haven't got experience on usb/wireless), but what I can tell at first sight is that tis script cannot run in Arch. The apropriate path to daemons was /etc/rc.d, but I think it was a better idea if we checked the script first...

#3 2008-10-31 00:31:39

eldamar

i have been searching like crazy for anny solution and i found that the GI0225 model that i am using probably should use HSO drivers, annyone have anny experience with this?

i see usb_modeswitch and udev.rules alot but i really don't know how to use that proparly.

#4 2009-04-13 08:27:23

barzam

I used the hso drivers and the app ozerocdoff from the AUR, that's the ones from pharscape.org. Everything works real nice. My dongle is the Icon 225 (Telenor).

#5 2009-06-22 06:13:08

johnvoisey

I have an elonex webbook which has been the rollercoaster ride of a lifetime.

Until about a month ago I succeeded in getting it to work using the hso driver and the 0zerocdoff cd utility referred to above made available at pharscape.org. Theis NEVER worked with the pharscape conenction software and i never managed to get the wader / wader-gtk utility that alan bell oversaw the development of for the factory-built elonex ubuntu image - which destroyed itself a few days after I bought the webbook (!) BUT I did manage to get my Option Icon 225 Orange stick working very well in the UK with pharscape's udev and hsop modules and NetworkManager 0.7, AT LEAST for the root user. Two months or so ago a change to the way NetworkManager is kicked off (aomething to do with consolekit i think) took out my ability for non-root users to connect, and NONe of the wiki suggestions worked.

About three weeks ago I think it was another pacman update brought in a new kernel 2-6-29 and ever since then /var/log/daemon.log has been filled with messages of the 'ignoring due to lack of broadband capabilities" messages and my option broadband stick has been useless outside of windoze since.

Board footer