You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-05 18:28:25

Stythys
Website

Can't Start padevchooser

Get this error when starting padevchooser:

** (padevchooser:6061): WARNING **: pa_browser_new() failed.

[home page] -- [code / configs]

"Once you go Arch, you must remain there for life or else Allan will track you down and break you."
-- Bregol

#2 2009-04-06 03:42:48

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Can't Start padevchooser

Same issue here. I believe padevchooser is deprecated for PulseAudio. Unfortunate, since there's no other way of getting a pulse system tray icon.

You may want to try out the gnome pulse applets in AUR. I'm just going to rely on launching pavucontrol from gnome-do instead.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2009-04-06 04:18:13

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

A bit more searching gave me this

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=39676

You may want to try it out. i don't want padevchooser enough to be willing to start up another daemon for it smile

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#4 2009-04-06 06:13:05

Stythys
Website

not sure what you're referring to in that other thread...maybe I'm just being a bit dumb, but I don't see any alternatives listed

[home page] -- [code / configs]

"Once you go Arch, you must remain there for life or else Allan will track you down and break you."
-- Bregol

#5 2009-06-22 16:44:16

dejavu

sure this thread is correct...

just start the avahi-daemon then PulseAudio Device Chooser is able to start.

Board footer