You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-24 01:59:08

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Contact management between Evolution and J-Pilot?

I've been using Evolution in the pass month. It's quite slow, but does what I want (which, in terms of mails and PIM, is everything AND the kitchen sink). Dealt with the IMAP problems by using offlineimap, which is a really handy piece of software.

Anyway, Evo can sync to my Palm Centro using gnome-pilot, but I get problems like addresses changing assignment and missing birthdays. None of this happens with a JPilot sync, but that way I won't be able to maintain a single contact database, meaning my Palm Centro has all my contacts with no information loss and Evo can still access the requisite emails (as well as the rest of the contact info if I don't want to pull my Palm out of my pocket).

Of course, the easiest way would be some sort of sync between JPilot and Evo, but lacking that, the next thing I'm looking at is converting pdb to LDAP. Does anyone have any other suggestions for contact sharing between evo and JPilot? Please let me know what you yourselves use. I'm open to suggestions at this point in time.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer